Posted to alt.home.repair

Default When a gallon is not a gallon

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Mar 1, 10:15 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

Pop quiz: What company registered the slogan "An educated consumer is
our best customer"?

Syms used that line.

While making packages smaller is perfectly legal, the purpose behind it is
still to deceive the customer rather than raise prices.

Syms used that line.

Still does. http://www.syms.com/

While making packages smaller is perfectly legal, the purpose
behind it is still to deceive the customer...

I guess companies that do that don't believe that "An educated
consumer is our best customer". Pop Quiz II: Name 2 ways to keep from
being deceived. Hint: Look between the quotes for one answer.

...rather than raise prices.

But they did raise prices - they raised the unit prices - which is the
only way to compare prices between otherwise similiar products.

Back to the original subject: I was at Home Depot yesterday because the
local hardware store was out of the fluorescent bulbs I needed. I took a
look at the Behr paints. They're 126 oz. Not a pint short. I wonder which
brand the OP was talking about.