Posted to alt.home.repair
saag saag is offline

Default Getting nut off of bathrrom sink faucet

On Mar 1, 4:01*pm, Speedy Jim wrote:
saag wrote:
I have a wall mounted porcelain sink. * I want to replace the rigid
tube that runs from the cut off valve to the faucet with a flexible
steel jacketed one. * The problem is there is very little room to get
to the nut undeer the faucet. *The area uner the sink where the nut is
located is in a 12" long by 4" wide by 6" deep. * I have a 12" or so
long basin wrench where I can just about get the jaw around the nut,
but there's no room to turn the jaw. * Any ideas on how to get around
this?

I was thinking of removing the sink from the wall and working on it
where I have more room (it's old and everything could use
replacing). * How is it attached to the wall? *I don't see any bolts/
clamps underneath it. *I thought sinks like this are hooked to some
type of plate. * The wall is tiled.

thanks.

Yes, the sink is hooked (hung) on a cast plate.

But I would rather cut the existing tube and
use a deep socket to turn the nut. *If you can't
cut high enough, bend the tube back and forth till
it snaps off.

Jim- Hide quoted text -

That would get the old one off, but wouldn't I have the same problem
when trying to attach the new tube?