Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] else24@gmail.com is offline

Default Ten buck Harbor Freight "pencil grinder" vs Dremel, nocompetition

On Mar 2, 7:58 am, "J. Clarke" wrote:
Downside is that it needs a compressor of course.

I'm not exactly a Dremel fan but in fairness, isn't the moral more
like "air tools that are sized right for the compressor have a lot
more oomph than electric tools that are underpowered for the job?"

I've got a Griz moto-tool with a flex shaft and it's got almost as
much guts as the little die grinder that came with my compressor. I
think if I pushed both of them to the limit I'd burn up the moto-tool
motor first, but for normal pencil-grinder jobs they're about the
same.

But there's still times I want a little pencil tool and don't want to
hang a motor someplace or drag an air hose around, and then I grab the
Dremel I got for Christmas. The wife has a little battery dremel she
uses on the dog's toenails. They like it better than a clipper for
some reason.