Posted to alt.home.repair
Dick Adams[_2_] Dick Adams[_2_] is offline

Default Costs of roof repairs

DanG wrote:
I've not ever heard of roofing being priced, bid, or done by the
sheet. By the square (100 square feet) is normal. You may need
to replace several sheets of decking. I've never heard of
particle board of any type used on a roof. OSB (oriented strand
board) that is 7/16 thick is quite common.

When I had my roof replaced, I kept getting bids because
every salesman said my roof had one layer on it and was
between 30 and 34 squares. Not one of them walked the
roof.

I took the first bid some someon who walked the roof,
knew it was 26 squares, and it needed to be vented.
Bids ranged from $4,800 to $11,000. The guy who knew
what he was doing was the low bid - but I had figured
it should cost around $5,500.

Salesmen are not roofers.

Dick