Posted to alt.home.repair
clifto clifto is offline

Default Safety of Nuke Power

Jim Yanik wrote:
clifto wrote:
Jim Yanik wrote:
" wrote:
one that makes permanetely uninhabitible a big chunk of our country,
and the possiblity of loss of life and sickness that would go with
such a accident?

pay everyone to move, for all lost property? expenses and health
troubles?

Have you researched "pebble bed reactors" yet?
They self-moderate,inherently safe.

As long as there's a steady supply of stupid people for reactor sites
to hire, there's no safety in nuclear power.

you watch too much "Simpsons" TV.

No, I've seen the effects stupid people can have on even the simplest
operations. Plus, I can't at this moment think of a single incident at a
nuclear power facility that wasn't caused by stupidity. Not even one single
incident caused by an actual materials or design failure runs through my
mind.

--
If they could invoke Dubya,
I can certainly call a jerk Hussein.