Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Safety of Nuke Power

On Mar 1, 2:33�pm, dpb wrote:
dpb wrote:

the industrys propoganda machine must of been working overtime

Virtually none of it was "industry's" doing.

One other point I intended to make before I kill watching the thread as
having reached its inevitable conclusion of going 'round 'n 'round...

The "industry" has been, if nothing else, remarkably _unsuccessful_ in
their attempts at "propaganda" or "public relations". �This was owing to
the thought that simply presenting good, solid engineering and
scientific evidence would carry the argument against bluster and
fear-mongering. �As this thread illustrates, it doesn't do much except
leave a track record against the misinformation.

In a former life, when being in a position where I was one of the point
persons to talk on nuclear power and all, the inevitable discussions of
this type almost always came up.

The most useful piece of advice I ever got was from the behavioral
science guy who provided a lecture on how to deal with various types of
audience interaction. �He pointed out these individuals are like the
small child who has learned that by sheer persistence it can get its own
way in a large percentage of cases because the parent will finally give
in simply to get a moment of peace. �The only way to stop such behavior
is to _NOT_ let them wear you down--extremely tiresome, wasteful of
resources, etc., but its the only course of action that will in the end
be productive.

Sad, but how true.

Finis...

--

so you gave up???????

thats interesting.

so you admit you were in the business of selling reactors presence to
the general public?

i see you had zip success since 3 mile island.