Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty Banty is offline

Default Real estate agent ethics

In article ,
says...

On Mar 1, 10:42=A0am, Banty wrote:
In article =

,
Smitty Two says...

In article ,
Norminn wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:

I was in email contact with an agent recently, and decided that she wa=

not responsive enough to my needs, so I informed her I would look
elsewhere. That seemed acceptable to her at first, but after a couple =

of
days of chewing on it, she apparently went off the deep end,
constructing a vicious written attack that I would characterize as rab=

id
or psychotic.

I have written to the owner and manager of the Century 21 franchise fo=

whom she works, but since she's a top seller for him, I'm not holding =

my
breath that he'll concern himself too much with my complaint.

So do any of you happen to know whether there is a procedure for forma=

redress of grievances against agents? Are they sworn to uphold some so=

rt
of code of ethics? Does Century 21 censure its agents if they misbehav=

e,
or are individual franchises free to operate however they choose?

I haven't read all of this thread, and I'm interested mostly because it=

has run on so long. =A0Is it correct
that you had no contract with her? =A0You were an interested buyer? Jus=

for curiosity, what was the
essence of what the realtor said that was offensive? =A0If you have
already written to her agency, and you
don't have a financial investment, I have trouble understanding what wa=

so offensive. =A0If she made
remarks that might come under discrimination laws, I can understand
taking it further. =A0O/w, she is just
not a likeable person, which is much more of a problem for her than for=

you, it would seem. =A0Being
offended by email by an almost complete stranger just doesn't seem like=

a big deal to me.

I think the thing that irritates me the most is that this woman appears
to be a psychopath, masquerading as a real estate agent. I hate
deception.

LOL! =A0Oh come on. =A0What - psychopath is some kind of profession? =A0Ho=

w about the
much more likely, and boring, scenario that she's a real estate agent who =

lost
her professionalism around you. =A0For some reason.

After this post, and the lack of any details coming from you after all thi=

time, I'm thinking you had more to do with it.

Banty- Hide quoted text -

Yeah Banty, I'm with you. Something doesn't pass the smell test
here. To me, even the idea that this incident really involves ethics,
doesn't fit. I consider unethical behavior to be where someone
misuses a fiduciary role, has a conflict of interest, an undisclosed
financial interest in something, practices racial discrimination, etc.

Simply being rude in a letter I would characterize as unprofessional,
but not unethical. And I would report it to their employer and be
done with it.

Yeah. That's what rational people do.

I think he's here fishing for something he can get back at her with. Bleaaah.
Life's too frickin' short for that.

Banty