Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty Banty is offline

Default How can we stop our cats from urinating on the basement floor?

In article , Grandpa Chuck says...

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 09:39:52 -0500, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

Are the senior citizen cats? Some times it is a physical problem. You
may want to check with your vet it could be a sign of a problem. On the
other hand it may be necessary to clean to box more often.

They have been doing this for a very long time.
We have tried several solutions and nothing has stopped it.
I am wondering if we paint the surfaces with a sealing paint such as
Kiltz if that might seal in the odor so they no longer smell it.

When I had a senior cat who peed next to the box, I put puppy pads (dog
housetraining pads) around the box. It worked. Maybe try that. On the spots
on the concrete floor she did make, I used citrus cleaner.

I had another senior cat who took to peeing in my bedroom and could not be
broken of that. She did have medical problems, but there was only so far
treatment could help (cat thyroid problem). She became an outdoor cat. Which
wasn't the greatest, but I do think having a livable home takes priority.

No amount of Nature's Miracle worked on my bedroom wall to wall carpet - I
eventually took an Xacto knife to the area, removed the carpet and pad, and put
a big area rug there. Eventually I replaced the whole carpet after some
remodelling.

Banty