Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default How can we stop our cats from urinating on the basement floor?

On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 17:08:14 GMT, Grandpa Chuck
wrote:

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 09:39:52 -0500, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

Are the senior citizen cats? Some times it is a physical problem. You
may want to check with your vet it could be a sign of a problem. On the
other hand it may be necessary to clean to box more often.

They have been doing this for a very long time.
We have tried several solutions and nothing has stopped it.
I am wondering if we paint the surfaces with a sealing paint such as
Kiltz if that might seal in the odor so they no longer smell it.

Try using Vinegar/water solution for cleaning the odor. A retired
carpet cleaner explained, it breaks down the odor (enzymes).

Older cats seem to become less *tidy*... noticed in two cats that
lived to about 14 years old.

Oren