Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Safety of Nuke Power

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article , dpb wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article , dpb wrote:

It is, however, a statistical correlation at best and my guess is that
except for the near downstream track it will be impossible to detect any
increase owing specifically to Chernobyl.

--
From a purely epidemiological standpoint, it really shouldn't be all
that difficult to find clusters of excess cancers, and there are forms

That assumes there _are_ such clusters...the dispersion was so wide,
it's highly unlikely to be concentrated enough to show up imo.

--

That should be even easier, then. Any related cancers suddenly
spike after Chernobyl world wide? Any upswings over time, since

Precisely, and imo, if any studies had shown even a hint, haller and his
ilk would be on them like a hen on a June bug, even if they weren't
statstically significant but only showed a point estimate possibility.
Of course, the "suddenly" is a problem w/ low-dosage events and that
makes the correlation of causation even more tenuous.

That they're not implies to me w/o even looking that all work (of which
I'm sure there's a lot because plans were in effect to begin such
follow-on studies while I was still in Oak Ridge participating in
engineering solutions studies/analyses for the site within the year
after the incident).