Posted to alt.home.repair
Proch Proch is offline

Default Low clearance drilling: CONCLUSION

In the end, I bought a right angle attachment from Sears for $20, and a 1.5"
Hole saw bit. Together, it was about a tight squeeze to start, but fit well
and worked out perfectly. I had to stop every half inch and use a flat head
screw driver to pry out the cylinders that were created by the hole saw, as
the saw 'cup' only had something close to an inch of depth. Thanks to
whomever mentioned the hole saw bit.

Some questioned the thickness that I was drilling, the reason isn't only
because the thickest thing that I wanted to pass was a VGA, but in the end
I'm going to have a Coax cable, 3 cat 6 ethernet, USB, RCA audio, VGA, 2
speaker cables and who knows what else all passing through there - so I
wanted to make the hole as big as I reasonably could.

Thanks to all for your input.

"Proch" wrote in message
. ..
I need to drill a 1" hole in the floor from the cellar up through a 2x4,
yet there is only about 8" of clearance at the spot where I would drill due
to a beam. What are my options other than to purchase a right angle drill?
I'm not even sure if I'll get the clearance I need from the right angle
drills that I see at the local stores.