Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Costs of roof repairs

"Merlin" wrote in message
I have a shingle roof that has 3 areas of repair needed. A roofing
contractor looked at it and told me this. His company only does new
roofs and he said I didn't need a new roof, only repair.

He also said that it's one sheet in two of the places and 3 to 5
sheets in the other place. So it would be 7 sheets total repair.

My roof is pitched from 10 feet to 8 feet high in 12 feet of length.

I'm told it's got 3/8 particle board with shingles.

I'm trying to get an approximate cost per/sheet of repair. I'm told
that's how it's priced.

The board right under the roof that is a 1/2 inch by 4 and runs around
the entire house also needs repair in about 20 feet of length.

I've just put out a bid for the repair, and I'm trying to get an idea
of what the cost might be for the entire repair. Just a ballpark idea
so that I know what "window" of price to expect.

Thanks for any help offered.

It should cost between $38 and $134,284.39 for the whole job, and that
should include cleanup. I'm sorry that I have given you such a broad price
range, but you have given a very vague description.

Call three reputable contractors in your area. Get bids. Pick one. Have
it done right, and have it done all at once. All your tires are the same
age. You can have them changed one at a time, or you can start with a new
set. Which one would be the best?

Steve