Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Vitodens 200 programmer.

I replaced my trusty of old basic electric Potterton Kingfisher with a
Vitodens 200 system boiler some months ago. And it works just fine.

However, I miss having the external programmer of old - if I wish to
switch things off when going away etc it means going to the boiler itself.
Viessmann reckon the way round this is to use an extra external controller
- using the room stat circuit - and leave the internal one set to
constant. Which isn't really what I want. Apart from the unnecessary cost.

The integral controller has a four pin plug for everything - so I'm
assuming DC and a data circuit. Any reason why I shouldn't just extend
this and site the programmer where I want it - the cable run would only be
a metre or so. Or any other suggestions?

Other thing is the existing old programmer is mounted on a tiled surface
and if I remove it it will leave holes. And I've no spare tiles. But
dislike having an unused device left in place.

--
*It's o.k. to laugh during sexŒ.Œ.just don't point!

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.