Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Brown Doug Brown is offline

Default Speed limit signs. Was: When a gallon is not a gallon

George wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Feb 29, 2:37 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message

The next morning you are driving through "Smithville" and are
pulled over for speeding. The officer points out the new signs
and then issues a ticket. Would you accept the ticket, plead
guilty and pay the fine or protest it because of lack of notice?
Damned sure I'll protest. Good chance I'll beat it also based on
historic renderings of most traffic courts.
.

No argument there, but please explain how this has anything to do
with the fact that Ice Cream no longer comes in 64 oz containers.

Just reread what I wrote. You seem to be really missing the idea that
people get used to things and it isn't fair if you a just change stuff
without notice.

Gosh, where I come from I am not sure that it ever came in 64 oz containers.

Of course back in the day my Gallon was 160 oz so my quart would have ben 40
oz etc.

And of course no one here (that I have seen) has addressed the issue of how
much air might be incorporated in the ice cream, fat content etc.

So, while this is all fun and gams to discuss it really can not and will not
settle anything.