Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default When a gallon is not a gallon

On Feb 29, 10:39*pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

I've said it before and I'll repeat it here in case it was missed:

If you shop by unit pricing, it doesn't matter if the package is 28 oz
or 32 oz. You're paying for what you're getting - no one cheated, no
one lied. They simply raised the price by charging you the same amount
for less product - but they clearly informed you of the price increase
by posting the unit price on the shelf right next to the product.

********************
It is your attitude that allows the marketers to get away with sleaze. *For
decades, ice cream came in half gallons, sugar in five pound bags, coffee in
one pound containers. *Why, suddenly, do theyhave to be made smaller? *Only
to give the perception to the consumer that they are getting the same
product at the same price.

If you think this is OK, it will not be long before new cars are delivered
with three tires, flags with 47 stars, and coming next month, two leafed
clovers. *At least crayons still have the 7 primary colors.

Only to give the perception to the consumer that they are getting
the same product at the same price.

Well, technically, they are getting the same product at the same
price. They're just getting less of it. g And I pray for the
consumer who is fooled (or even upset) by this gimic.

At least crayons still have the 7 primary colors

But how much more are you paying for them than you used to?

If you think this is OK...

... it will not be long before new cars are delivered with three
tires,

Nope, gotta have 4 tires - but without raising the price they will
give me a half-sized spare, barely room for 4 passengers, rotors that
don't last 20K and tires that don't last 10. In other words, a lot
less car for the same money. How is that different from less ice cream
for the same money?

... flags with 47 stars

Which states do you suggest we eliminate? I've got a couple in mind.

... and coming next month, two leafed clovers.

I don't buy clover - it grows in my yard for free.

Fine, you are right. I give up. Let's get the masses together and
refuse to buy Ice Cream until they put it back in 64 oz containers. Of
course, we can't complain about the resulting 14.3% price increase,
'cuz it's one or the other. Pick your poison. I guess that'll show
those sleazy marketers not to mess with us.