Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Real estate agent ethics

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 23:24:27 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 07:32:00 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

I was in email contact with an agent recently, and decided that she was
not responsive enough to my needs, so I informed her I would look
elsewhere. That seemed acceptable to her at first, but after a couple of
days of chewing on it, she apparently went off the deep end,
constructing a vicious written attack that I would characterize as rabid
or psychotic.

Maybe the $$ signs in her eye balls tilted.

I've made eight RE transactions over the past 20 years or so. I never
dealt with e-mail and only use the phone when making appointments.

We like to sit down at the round table, make eye contact with the
agent.

I have written to the owner and manager of the Century 21 franchise for
whom she works, but since she's a top seller for him, I'm not holding my
breath that he'll concern himself too much with my complaint.

So do any of you happen to know whether there is a procedure for formal
redress of grievances against agents? Are they sworn to uphold some sort
of code of ethics? Does Century 21 censure its agents if they misbehave,
or are individual franchises free to operate however they choose?

Check the state licensing board. A complaint may make the Broker
address his agent.

Spring is here soon, so I would let it go and do other things.

Define "misbehave"!

--
Oren

Thanks. I'm starting with the owner of the franchise. If he doesn't
censure her behavior in any meaningful way (and I doubt he will,) I'll
take it to the licensing board.

If the boss gets on her case; or disciplines her, they may not be
obligated to say what action the took. They have to protect her and
can only give limited information about "personnel".

You may never know the outcome, other than you complained.

I think she "got your goat" in some small way and your ego won't let
go...

--
Oren

Oh, it will let go eventually. It always does.