Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

Default When a gallon is not a gallon

On Feb 27, 6:47*pm, "Blattus Slafaly £ ¥ 0/00 "
wrote:
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 02/27/08 05:49 pm greg2468 wrote:

I recently went to our favorite big box store. *While wandering around
the paint department, I noticed that most brands sold there are no
longer full gallons. *They were one pint less than a gallon. *Yet,
spread rate magically remains the same! *Of course the price remains
the same! *I live in the southeast United State and am curious to know
if this has happened in other areas. *(Quarts are now 28 ounces).

Sherwin-Williams said that some of their paints are a fraction (can't
remember how much) under a gallon to leave room for the tints. And I
just checked the Pittsburgh paints we bought last week: 3 7/8 quarts,
not the full gallon; I hadn't noticed before. We're in the Midwest.

How many brands of ice cream still have full half-gallon packs? Most are
56oz. instead of 64oz.

-=-
Perce

And a pound of coffee went from 16 ounces to 15, then to 14 and now to
13.5 ounces. A pound of butter I recently noticed was 15 ounces even
though there was plenty of room in the tub for another ounce.
I think it's called 'bend over a little more while I shove it in a
little farther.'

--
Blattus Slafaly *? 3 * * *7/8- Hide quoted text -

hell, i remember when you could buy a chocolate bar and not lose it in
your shirt pocket.