Posted to alt.home.repair

Default When a gallon is not a gallon

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
The OP describes it as an attempt to fool people. That's bull****. What
kind of work do you do? Do you expect to get salary increases from time
to time?

This reminds me of a long debate in a cooking newsgroup, in which whiners
were complaining that Breyers had shrunk their 64 oz ice cream package.
This was portrayed as evil. Some of the idiots seemed to expect Breyer's
to send a post card to every household in America, informing them of the
change.

I don't begrudge a price increase when needed. The reason for the change
was profit by deception.

Breyers (and others) took a deceptive way out of raising prices. Ice
cream has been in 64 ounce containers for 60 years that I'm aware of and
prices have risen as cost have risen. It worked that way for a long time.
Suddenly the marketers found they could scam a lot of people into thinking
they are getting the same product for the same price. No matter how you
look at it, the purpose was to raise prices, not help the consumer. Egg
cartons, thankfully, still have 12 eggs in them.

If you were the CEO at Breyers, how would YOU have instituted the price
change so it was not a "scam"???

You run the company, and people will do exactly what you say, no questions
asked. Describe your plan.