Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim[_2_] Speedy Jim[_2_] is offline

Default Venting for dryer Vent

SteveC wrote:
Putting in a basement appartment. I want to run 4" ducting up inside a 2x4
wall, up past the 8 foot concrete wall and outside between the floor joist.

Can I bend or squat the 4" to fit in the wall? I guess I could cut out some
of the 2" polystyrene insulation 1/2 and inch to fit.

Steve

http://www.deflecto.com/OMS/tier1_te...CategoryID=903
may have what you want.

You would not want any combustible insulation
in the space at all and clearance must be
maintained to the studs/walls.

If the basement apt will be requiring a permit,
ask about the venting requirements at the bldg dep't first.

Jim