Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default Safety of Nuke Power

wrote:
maybe it would be better to build new nuke plants far away from
population centers and just accept the hit on transmission losses?

this way a unforseen accident takes out a rural area, rather than
downtown new york?

this compromiise would probably make everyone reasonably content. nuke
power industry gets to grow and make boatloads of money, away from
most people centers.

hey why not put the plants in mexico? far away from the us border?

it would provide jobs for mexicans, lessening their desire to
immigrate here, still provide the power needed, perhaps use supercold
transmission lines to reduce line losses? and a accident although
still terrible wouldnt effect our country so bad.............

Good idea.

We could put one in an uninhabited area, say Yucca Mountain, Nevada, and no
one would complain.