Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Safety of Nuke Power

On Feb 29, 8:00*am, " wrote:
maybe it would be better to build new nuke plants far away from
population centers and just accept the hit on transmission losses?

this way a unforseen accident takes out a rural area, rather than
downtown new york?

this compromiise would probably make everyone reasonably content. nuke
power industry gets to grow and make boatloads of money, away from
most people centers.

hey why not put the plants in mexico? far away from the us border?

You know, I've wondered about that for a long time too. It would
seem that it would be a great business idea for some investors. With
Mexico's govt culture of corruption, it should be easy to get
approvals and start building with a hell of a lot less opposition and
regulation that you get here. For Mexico, the govt gets $$$, the
politicians get $$$, the locals get lots of jobs during construction,
etc.

For the US, we get power, but no jobs and add to the trade deficit.
And then, if they put the nukes near Tijuana, you get a bunch of them
that you have no regulatory control over how safely they are built and
run and if it someday has the accident you're so worried about, San
Diego is right next door. Sounds like the best for everyone!

it would provide jobs for mexicans, lessening their desire to
immigrate here, still provide the power needed, perhaps use supercold
transmission lines to reduce line losses? and a accident although
still terrible wouldnt effect our country so bad.............

BTW, it's a swell idea you have to suggest putting something you
consider so potentially lethal in Mexico, where they get take the
risk. May I suggest that it suggests you have some deep rooted
issues that are surfacing?