Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Safety of Nuke Power

Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

"dpb" wrote in message ...
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

I have one in my "back yard" and there are very close to being
approved for the first new reactor in years. ...

You talking about the recent TVA/NuStart application for the
Bellefonte site? While the application has been filed, it's probably
at least four years before any approvals will wend their way through
the licensing maze. It will, of course, be the acid test for the
"streamlined" process...

Hadn't seen that -- TVA Bellefonte was the only one I was aware of that
had actually been filed...

http://www.tva.gov/news/releases/oct...va_nustart.htm

I still wouldn't put "soon" or "very close" in front of either, though.

Hopefully the process will at least be workable this go 'round, though.