Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Real estate agent ethics

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:27:07 +0000 (UTC), G. Morgan
wrote:

Banty wrote:

I'd love to post it. But, that would expose me to a civil lawsuit for
copyright infringement.

What you say about copyright does not apply; nonetheless there is no real reason
to post the letter here, and that would be, at the least, a classless thing to
do.

He's right, you're wrong. If the letter was posted as a means of defamation or
harassment, the realtor would have recourse under the copyright protection.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Dozier...rweb650951.htm

I"m not sure this is on point. There seems to me a big difference
between a letter good at "protecting our business clients and
preventing an escalation of a situation." and one that is outstanding
only in its nastiness. Especiallly since "He noted that prior to the
Internet, private legal disputes were handled between attorneys with a
focus on avoiding costly legal battles and not burdening the judicial
system with legal cases that should have been resolved without a
lawsuit."

While I certainly do not agree with that court's decision, it set a precedent
nonetheless. I feel that if someone was dumb enough to send a letter showing
their "true colors", then it is the recipient's right to do with it as they
please.