Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Yale Mortice Lock

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:02:40 GMT John wrote :
A spring has broken in my back door 5 lever Yale Mortice lock. Not quite
terminal but can cause problems - the spring is there to locate a disc in
the right position to allow the key to be inserted. Without the spring
the
keyhole is sometimes blocked.

Does anyone know of a source of replacement parts?

A good locksmith probably has a drawer full of spares - mine does

Amazed - I found the packaging in the garage and it has a 15 year guarantee
so I have e-mailed Yale. I am dead chuffed. I had put the old original 3
lever in the packaging for the replacement 5 lever when I upgraded the
locks.