Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Real estate agent ethics

On Feb 28, 1:52*pm, Banty wrote:
In article ,
Smitty Two says...

In article
,
wrote:

On Feb 27, 10:32 am, Smitty Two wrote:
I was in email contact with an agent recently, and decided that she was
not responsive enough to my needs, so I informed her I would look
elsewhere. That seemed acceptable to her at first, but after a couple of
days of chewing on it, she apparently went off the deep end,
constructing a vicious written attack that I would characterize as rabid
or psychotic.

Pleast post here letter here! *I'd love to read it.

I'd love to post it. But, that would expose me to a civil lawsuit for
copyright infringement.

What you say about copyright does not apply; nonetheless there is no real reason
to post the letter here, and that would be, at the least, a classless thing to
do.

There is plenty of reason to at least post some sections of the
letter. That way, we'd have a much better understanding of exactly
what the fuss is about. Nothing classless about it. He can excerpt
any identifying information.

The only question in my mind is if there's anything that does not have to do
with a pending, but dropped, real estate relationship, over and above just
negative emoting.

It's pretty clear from all his statements so far, that it's the
former.

I mean, is this just about getting a nasty letter therefore you think you should
'get even'? *Or is there more to this that has you so upset. *You don't have to
go posting the letters to answer that.

Since he's so afraid of copyright infringement with her letter, I'd
like to know what he's gonna do if he makes a complaint to any state
regulators, etc. Just send in an unsupported complaint without
sending a copy of the letter?

I'd like to see where anyone ever prevailed in a copyright suit over a
simple business letter sent to someone like this. Letters, including
the full letter, without names, etc redacted, wind up being used and
in the media all the time. Yet, I've never heard of anyone
prevailing in a lawsuit over the letter being copyrighted. And if
they did, what do you think a court would award? $1 maybe.

If he's so fearful of a civil suit, then he should have just kept his
mouth shut and not be running around asking how to escalate this
thing. The letters he already sent to the owner and manager where
she works are far more likely to result in him being sued than posting
some redacted excerpts of the letter here, without identifying info.

Banty- Hide quoted text -