Posted to alt.home.repair
Sanity[_2_] Sanity[_2_] is offline

Default Real estate agent ethics

"SteveB" meagain@rockvilleUSA wrote in message

"Sanity" wrote in message

"SteveB" meagain@rockvilleUSA wrote in message

"Sanity" wrote in message

"SteveB" meagain@rockvilleUSA wrote in message

"Sanity" wrote in message

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news I was in email contact with an agent recently, and decided that she
was
not responsive enough to my needs, so I informed her I would look
elsewhere. That seemed acceptable to her at first, but after a
couple of
days of chewing on it, she apparently went off the deep end,
constructing a vicious written attack that I would characterize as
rabid
or psychotic.

I have written to the owner and manager of the Century 21 franchise
for
whom she works, but since she's a top seller for him, I'm not
holding my
breath that he'll concern himself too much with my complaint.

So do any of you happen to know whether there is a procedure for
formal
redress of grievances against agents? Are they sworn to uphold some
sort
of code of ethics? Does Century 21 censure its agents if they
misbehave,
or are individual franchises free to operate however they choose?

First of all, "Real Estate Agent Ethics" is an oxymoron.
Secondly, all agents or their agencies have to be licensed by the
State they operate in. You have to find the State agency that issues
licenses to real estate brokers and file a complaint there.

BFD there. I had a complaint against a lawyer, and wrote to the State
Bar. They replied and said that if I wanted to take any action I
should hire an attorney. I, of course and dumbly, thought that was
their job. Apparently, I was wrong.

A complaint to the real estate board in your state may or may not do
any good. What do you want from her? Do you just want her to
straighten up and not bother anyone else? Maybe a complaint would do
that. Don't count on much more. If she's a real b....., it probably
won't even bother her.

Hire another agent, keep quiet about your experiences with this one,
and move on. If you complain to the new one about this one, you could
be perceived as a troublemaker, or worse yet, they could be buddies

Steve

It's people like you that let people like the agent get away with their
crap. True, the State licensing agency might not do anything in this
case. But if enough people did complain, they'd take action.

Which planet do you live on? Here on earth, you can't even get the
police to protect battered women and "take action" until they have a toe
tag. You think the real estate board has any teeth?

Can I meet you tomorrow to show you this bridge I have for sale? It's
very reasonable, and there's NO qualifying!

Steve

In the past I had to file a grievance with the State Board of Licensing
in NY complaining about a serious error in a land survey that cost me
24000 to correct. They investigated and found the surveyor in error. I
took their report and sued the surveyor and won my case.
I also filed against a chain pharmacy for making an error in a
prescription for my dog. The prescription read 5mg and they gave 500mg.
The store was heavily fined.
And I do live on planet Earth and if you think you're the ultimate in
brains or experiences, I have a bridge for sale for you.

Please explain what you meant by your "people like you" paragraph. I said
basically the same thing you said, and you got all riled up.

Steve

"People like you" refers to people who say it's not worth the effort,
they're not going to do anything. And I got riled up about your attitude
"Can I meet you tomorrow to show you this bridge I have for sale?" Sounded
very pompous and condescending and intitmating that you're smarter than me
or I'm dumber than you.