Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default 1950s Chest Freezer Refurbish

wrote:
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:22:51 -0600, dpb wrote:

wrote:
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:52:54 -0600, dpb wrote:

wrote:
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 09:50:49 -0600, dpb wrote:

wrote:
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 09:10:28 -0600, dpb wrote:

wrote:
On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 22:14:36 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Three Mile ISland...
On Turesday there was a huge power outage in Florida caused by a shut
down of a nuke plant for safety issues.
NO!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!
What would that have been and how do you know?

The root cause of the event is still undetermined.
Incorrect.

A switch failed causing a huge "ripple" in the grid, which in turn
caused the nuke plants to react defensively by shutting down to avoid
being overstressed by the sudden imbalance. IOW, they shut down for
"safety reasons".
That is operational design trip, not a safety system-induced trip.
There's a difference between the two.

--
Please feel free to continue with your fantasy. I won't bother attempting to
wake you from your dream.

No fantasy at all -- having spent 30 years in reactor design and utility
operations, I know the difference between safety and non-safety
system--I designed them.

So, then, there is no chance of you having some sort of perverted and heavily
biased view in favor of what provided your livelyhood for 30 years.

Not on a definition, no.

A safety system reactor trip has a precise meaning, and this wasn't it.