Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Real estate agent ethics

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 23:16:24 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
Phisherman wrote:

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 07:32:00 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

I was in email contact with an agent recently, and decided that she was
not responsive enough to my needs, so I informed her I would look
elsewhere. That seemed acceptable to her at first, but after a couple of

Of course you can "fire" your agent, but I'd wait until the contract
ends.

I've never sold a house, but aren't all those contracts terminable at
will by either party (with the exception that commissions have to be
paid when contacts were made before the contract was ended)?

A gracious or tactful exit is better for all, but that doesn't
always happen that way. I wouldn't say much to the company or tell
new agent for that matter. A 3-month contract (with renewal options)
is better than 6-month contract. This can be a tough time to sell.

wHETHER the agent behaves well or not, if he isn't selling the house
when the seller thinks he could do a better job, won't it
inconvenience many sellers tremendously to wait 2 more months? He has
to start a job in another city, he has to have money to pay for the
new house, he doesn't want to leave his current house empty.

I'm buying, in this case, so there's no contract. I don't even know the
woman.

So she antagonized you this much just by email!! It must have been
terrible. Please take out the identifying information and post it
for us.

A lot of us might change our answers a bit or a lot after reading it,