Posted to alt.home.repair
Sanity[_2_] Sanity[_2_] is offline

Default Real estate agent ethics

"SteveB" meagain@rockvilleUSA wrote in message

"Sanity" wrote in message

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
I was in email contact with an agent recently, and decided that she was
not responsive enough to my needs, so I informed her I would look
elsewhere. That seemed acceptable to her at first, but after a couple of
days of chewing on it, she apparently went off the deep end,
constructing a vicious written attack that I would characterize as rabid
or psychotic.

I have written to the owner and manager of the Century 21 franchise for
whom she works, but since she's a top seller for him, I'm not holding my
breath that he'll concern himself too much with my complaint.

So do any of you happen to know whether there is a procedure for formal
redress of grievances against agents? Are they sworn to uphold some sort
of code of ethics? Does Century 21 censure its agents if they misbehave,
or are individual franchises free to operate however they choose?

First of all, "Real Estate Agent Ethics" is an oxymoron.
Secondly, all agents or their agencies have to be licensed by the State
they operate in. You have to find the State agency that issues licenses
to real estate brokers and file a complaint there.

BFD there. I had a complaint against a lawyer, and wrote to the State
Bar. They replied and said that if I wanted to take any action I should
hire an attorney. I, of course and dumbly, thought that was their job.
Apparently, I was wrong.

A complaint to the real estate board in your state may or may not do any
good. What do you want from her? Do you just want her to straighten up
and not bother anyone else? Maybe a complaint would do that. Don't count
on much more. If she's a real b....., it probably won't even bother her.

Hire another agent, keep quiet about your experiences with this one, and
move on. If you complain to the new one about this one, you could be
perceived as a troublemaker, or worse yet, they could be buddies

Steve

It's people like you that let people like the agent get away with their
crap. True, the State licensing agency might not do anything in this case.
But if enough people did complain, they'd take action.