Posted to alt.home.repair

Default When a gallon is not a gallon

"greg2468" wrote in message
I recently went to our favorite big box store. While wandering around
the paint department, I noticed that most brands sold there are no
longer full gallons. They were one pint less than a gallon. Yet,
spread rate magically remains the same! Of course the price remains
the same! I live in the southeast United State and am curious to know
if this has happened in other areas. (Quarts are now 28 ounces).

Lesson: Stay away from big box stores.

My pre-mixed Ben Moore paint is still a full gallon The tintable base
though, is 126 ounces so they have room to add the tint.