Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default Real estate agent ethics

Smitty Two wrote:
I was in email contact with an agent recently, and decided that she
was not responsive enough to my needs, so I informed her I would look
elsewhere. That seemed acceptable to her at first, but after a couple
of days of chewing on it, she apparently went off the deep end,
constructing a vicious written attack that I would characterize as
rabid or psychotic.

I have written to the owner and manager of the Century 21 franchise
for whom she works, but since she's a top seller for him, I'm not
holding my breath that he'll concern himself too much with my
complaint.

So do any of you happen to know whether there is a procedure for
formal redress of grievances against agents? Are they sworn to uphold
some sort of code of ethics? Does Century 21 censure its agents if
they misbehave, or are individual franchises free to operate however
they choose?

I don't think it's unethical to insult someone via email. Still, if you
think her action was unwarranted, send her a peace offering.

A shiny red fire truck at 3:00 a.m. comes to mind.