Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] autobus_prime@yahoo.com is offline

Default 1950s Chest Freezer Refurbish

Folks:

Oh fer gosh sakes, this thing is an artifact. I'm not going to tell
people to scrap
their classic pink '58 Cadillac, or to avoid restoring a steam
locomotive because
it's got 3% thermal efficiency. If someone wants to pay a few extra
dollars to
keep this going as a working museum piece, that's okay with me, and I
think
it ought to be okay with anybody.

Ice cream every meal is not a good practice, but ice cream never?
Why?
Efficient, inefficient, this machine is an antique. Probably more
than 99% of
its brothers have gone for scrap. If those few that remain in good
order are
kept running, they're not going to materially effect power
consumption, no
more than those '58 Caddies are raising oil prices. Do people have
any
concept of just how *many* fridges are in use?

A purely utilitarian philosophy is a purely dismal one.

A P