Posted to alt.home.repair
cybercat cybercat is offline

Default 1950s Chest Freezer Refurbish

"dpb" wrote in message ...

ahh sadly one mistake creates another chernobyl like event.

Not physically possible w/ a LWR reactor design.

the spent fuel rods are stored in roughly insecure normal building. if
a terrorist sent a small plane loaded with explosives into one of
these facilities, cooling water can be interrupted.

No, they're pools...

you have a major disaster.

Nothing whatsoever like what you're imagining...

currently they are thinking of burying it in yucca mountain nevada

Again, no, they're not "thinking of burying it" -- it is named monitored
retrievable storage for a reason.

I can see that thread drift is alive and well in this group!

One of the funnest things in Usenet.

About the freezer: the job is going on hold until I can do without the
services of the freezer for a while. I had a chance to score a USDA Choice
whole been sirlion for $1.99 a pound, nine pounds of beef, couldn't pass it
up.

Thanks for all advice.