Posted to alt.home.repair
Limp Arbor Limp Arbor is offline

Default Real estate agent ethics

On Feb 27, 10:32*am, Smitty Two wrote:
I was in email contact with an agent recently, and decided that she was
not responsive enough to my needs, so I informed her I would look
elsewhere. That seemed acceptable to her at first, but after a couple of
days of chewing on it, she apparently went off the deep end,
constructing a vicious written attack that I would characterize as rabid
or psychotic.

I have written to the owner and manager of the Century 21 franchise for
whom she works, but since she's a top seller for him, I'm not holding my
breath that he'll concern himself too much with my complaint.

So do any of you happen to know whether there is a procedure for formal
redress of grievances against agents? Are they sworn to uphold some sort
of code of ethics? Does Century 21 censure its agents if they misbehave,
or are individual franchises free to operate however they choose?

My what goes around comes around C21 Realtor story:

Before we were married my wife and I started looking for a place to
rent. So the agent Dorene was showing us around and we stop at a
place we were interested in. She gets on the phone with the owner in
front of us and tells the owner "I have a nice married couple here
with no pets and I've already run their credit and its excellent". We
just met Dorene, she knew we weren't married, had no idea about pets,
and din't run our credit. I told Dorene we had to go and we left. I
told my future wife that if Dorene would lie to her client she would
sure as hell lie to us so we were done with her.

Fast forward 4 years and we have our first home on the market (luckily
we decided against renting). And Dorene shows up with potential
buyers unannounced. Our listing was clearly marked by appointment
only. I tell her she can't come in without an appointment and she
starts berating me asking my why because she had made an appointment
the day before (obviously trying to show off in front of her client).
I tell her better luck next time and close the door in her face.

Don't know if that couple saw through her BS because they knew she
didn't have an appointment but I knew she was full of it.

Don't bother with Dorene if you need a realtor in NJ