Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Old Skil Saw

well, I looked, mine is Crafstman, not skill brand - it's under
miscellaneous for sale on my web page (www.wbnoble.com) - but the picture
disappeared - I'll try to take another one and update the site "some day
soon" - meanwhile - $5 plus shipping if you want it
"William Noble" wrote in message
.. .
I have one of those - I dont' like the lack of blade guard, so I don't use
it - it's available if anyone wants it
"DanG" wrote in message
One of the fellas at work brought in a strange piece. It is a
Skil Saw Model J. The largest blade you could put on this saw
would be 5". The shoe is about 2 1/2" wide. There is no blade
guard. It does not have a trigger switch, it is an on-off ball
ended toggle. Yes, this thing is dangerous by today's standards.
It is a full barrel saw. The castings do not match a Model E or a
77, but the diameter and length are within fractions.

Does anyone have any information about this critter? I have sent
off to Skil, but have not gotten any response.

--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .