Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Old Skil Saw

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 20:44:58 -0600, "DanG" wrote:

One of the fellas at work brought in a strange piece. It is a
Skil Saw Model J. The largest blade you could put on this saw
would be 5". The shoe is about 2 1/2" wide. There is no blade
guard. It does not have a trigger switch, it is an on-off ball
ended toggle. Yes, this thing is dangerous by today's standards.
It is a full barrel saw. The castings do not match a Model E or a
77, but the diameter and length are within fractions.

Does anyone have any information about this critter? I have sent
off to Skil, but have not gotten any response.

I have a similar saw made by "Power Electric Tools" that I haven't
gotten to yet other than to cut the frayed cord off.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada