Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default KitchenAid dishwasher heating element

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
et:

"billccm" wrote in message
I have researched this issue, and it seems that the 'round' elements
are the issue, and Whirlpool has an upgrade kit.

So, kind experts, is this all I need to fix my problem? Is it a job I
can tackle in a Saturday afternoon, or shall I call a service
company?

Finally, do you recommend that I cut my loss on this very mediocre
product and invest in a new Bosch dishwasher?

Sincere thanks for your time in replying, and have a nice day,

Bill

I'm not sure why you consider the KA to be mediocre. Mine is excellent
and I'd buy another in a second. Dishes come out sparkling. Do you
have extremely hard water? Use a rinse aid? Hot enough water?

Anyhow, replacing the element is a good Saturday job. The hardest part
is contorting yourself around the appliance as you get older. I've
never heard of flaking elements, but I guess it is possible.

What I'm picturing is like the tip of a soldering iron that get the black
flake crud and you have to clean it.

As for getting a Bosch, they have been lambasted on this group for the
frequency of repairs. My local dealer will get you one, but no longer
has them in the showroom because they are the cause of too many
service calls.