Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

Default 1950s Chest Freezer Refurbish

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 12:50:43 -0500, "cshenk" wrote:

"ransley" wrote

Extremely doubtful. Yes newer ones are more efficient but not that
radically so when new units of that size are 700$ and up. She's much
better

New units are up to 75% more efficient, it could cost 20+ a month to
run what she has now or save 400 in 2 years by getting a new unit. Im
sure you never tested them.

No I never 'tested'. I didnt need to as I have live experience . *I had
one*. You'll note the only other person to reply who has had one said the
same. You are acting like the new ones run for free. They dont. The
difference in cost per month is a few dollars. Can be 3 or 4 depending on
how expensive electric is where you are.

Perhaps you missed that it's a difference per cost that matters here. Want
to argue with a 12 year electrical bill history showing? I *know* what I am
talking about. She should save the unit as long as possible and not create
more landfill.

What she said. If the OP can keep this old beauty going for a while
longer at not much more $$, he/she should. Landfill is a huge issue
now.