Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default 1950s Chest Freezer Refurbish

On Feb 24, 11:50*am, "cshenk" wrote:
"ransley" wrote

Extremely doubtful. Yes newer ones are more efficient but not that
radically so when new units of that size are 700$ and up. She's much
better

New units are up to 75% more efficient, it could cost 20+ a month to
run what she has now or save 400 in 2 years by getting a new unit. Im
sure you never tested them.

No I never 'tested'. *I didnt need to as I have live experience . **I had
one*. *You'll note the only other person to reply who has had one said the
same. *You are acting like the new ones run for free. *They dont. *The
difference in cost per month is a few dollars. *Can be 3 or 4 depending on
how expensive electric is where you are.

Perhaps you missed that it's a difference per cost that matters here. *Want
to argue with a 12 year electrical bill history showing? *I *know* what I am
talking about. *She should save the unit as long as possible and not create
more landfill.

I have both, a 1950 freeezer now used as clothes storage and new
stuff. I have used a KAW meter on Both and I am right as www.EnergyStar.Gov
will confirm. Its BS to state " you save little" , if you want to
waste energy go ahead , be a hog, my neighbor keeps 1500w of
incandesants on 24x7, but its not apropriate to do so in this day and
age, and its a waste of $$. So the rich dont give a ****.