Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steven Campbell[_3_] Steven Campbell[_3_] is offline

Default Is undercoat / sealer necessary for new plaster?

After having some plaster work done I thought there would nothing else to do
but give the walls a few coats of white emulsion. However after the 3rd
coat, I can still see a difference of colour from the old plaster to the new
plaster.

I've still to do a couple of walls where there is old and new plaster on the
same wall.

Is it worth putting undercoat on first? Would it make a big difference?

Also would it be worth while applying the undercoat to the walls I have
previously painted that the new plaster can still be seen?

Steven.