Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Searcher7 Searcher7 is offline

Default Angle Iron/Aluminum

On Feb 23, 4:10*pm, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
writes:

I am working on a project that will require me to create a ledge
the turns down at a 90 degree angle.

It has to be as resistant as possible to oxidation(ie:sweaty
hands), and also as dark as possible.(Preferably black).

The angle iron I've found at Home Depot has some sort of
paint/coating that doesn't seem durable, and the angle Aluminum
there is too bright.

I'd appreciate any other ideas for a materials/coatings that may
fit my needs.

Powder-coating could be an option -- that's an extremely durable finish.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...19897&D=319897

The possible problem is you need to have a 400F oven, which isn't used
for food preparation. *If the part is small enough, a used
toaster-oven would do just fine.

I looked into powerder coating years ago when I was considering using
it on some arcade game related metal parts, but had come to the
conclusion that it wasn't plausible to do myself in my small
apartment,a nd it wasn't worth it to try and have it done at one of
the auto places.

Any idea what the approximate cost of materials/hardware, and also the
amount of room needed for a set-up like this?

(The size of the largest parts would be as much as 2' X 1').

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.