Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dan Dan is offline

Default Impact wrench torque

We ran a steam pump this week on a steam hose. We were connected to
110 psi steam manifold then ran a 50' 3/4" steam hose. The
conglomeration of fittings we came up with was a mixture of 3/4" and
1" fittings going up and down in size. Three elbows I think. With all
the vales wide open, we only had 40 psi at the little turbine. We just
wanted to run it a little and it ran fine, but there sure was a lot of
pressure drop there.
In theory, if you ran long enough 1/4" hoses, the gun wouldn't run at
all. Use big hose and then a short whip, 6' of 3/8" at the gun will
help tremendously. Of course, 1/2" hose is expensive.