Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Greg O Greg O is offline

Default Impact wrench torque

"NoOne N Particular" wrote in message
news

I was just looking at the specs for the 2135TiMAX and noticed that the
specs say minimum hose size is 3/8", but the air inlet is only 1/4". Air
consumption is listed as 5 cfm, but it does not give an air pressure.

Anyway, if the air inlet is 1/4", why would it help to put on 3/8" qc?

Wayne

The spec give average air consumption. It is like rating duty cycle on a
welder. In reality the actual consumption may be two three times as much.
A QD is slightly restrictive. The 1/4" inlet will probably flow more than
the 1/4" QD will. I would try the impact with a larger hose and QD, or a
much shorter hose. One thing you can do is to see what the pressure drop is
at the tool fitting. Add a air pressure gauge at the tool and see what it
reads while using the tool. If it drops very little, maybe 5 PSI, your hose
and fittings are good. If it drop say 15-20 PSI you need more air, bigger
hose!
Greg