Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default Measuring out an epoxy batch into housings....

Gerry wrote:
On Feb 23, 12:38 pm, cavelamb himself wrote:

Mike Henry wrote:

You might be able to find 100 mL disposable syringes if you need to add
an exact amount in that range to keep the weight consistent.
Becton-Dickinson is one maker, but we usually get such things from a
scientific supply house like Fisher Scientific or VWR. Farm supply
stores might also sell them.

Mike

Or vetenarian supply.

I get mine from Tractor Supply...

Ever thought of doing it by weight? Use a digital scale, re-tare after
each use. Determine what the weight of 100cc is and add until you
reach that weight.

I find that I much prefer syringes.

They are more consistent than pumps - which sometimes deliver a short
stroke (then what do you do?)

As accurate as digital scales for repeatability.
And a lot quicker and easier to use.
And I've never had one give me a short stroke.

By selecting syringes that match the mix ratio of resin to catalyst
the whole measuring process becomes a no brainer.

6:1 - 1 cc and 6cc for small batches or or 10cc and 60c for bigs.

Richard