Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dan Dan is offline

Default Impact wrench torque

Brent, an impact wrench doesn't impart a reverse moment to your arm or
hand that equals the torque being applied to the fastener. It's the
hammering that applies the elevated torque.
Personally I only use the impact wrench rarely. I use my torque
wrenches a lot. I torque a lot of turbine casing bolting and we heat
and tension most of them. It is a very interesting process.

someone sold you an impact with a marketing torque value the 2135's
top out at about 500 foot pounds in forward and 700 in reverse and
that will be in ideal conditions. and ideal conditions mean that your
arm doesnt twist on the impact blow