Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
MK1 MK1 is offline

Default Impact wrench torque

I think there is a decimal point missing. You would not want to put a
1000 ft lbs through a 1/2" drive. A 1000 ft lbs will snap off stuck lugnuts.

mark wrote:
I bought what is apparently the most powerful 1/2" drive impact wrench
available IR 2135 with 1000 ftlb or torque and am still finding it
weak. The other day it would not remove the bolts that hold on my
front brake caliper bracket and sometimes it wll not remove lugnuts. I
am using it at 125psi with 50' of 3/8" hose and 1/4" M (milton) quick
connects). Would going to 3/8" qc fittings help at all? I notived a
local tire shop has the air pressure at 150 psi. Is this what is
needed? How come air tools say never to go above 90 psi?