Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
MatthewK MatthewK is offline

Default making u-channel

* Mechanical Magic wrote:
I'm stunned, somebody actually read and responded, thank you.

Thanks for the help. I post like this on a big newsgroup could easily
be over looked.

If you decide to build a single purpose die set, of any material.

A depression to position the pre-cut blank is required.
Ejector pins/holes should be drilled to kick out the part.

And, yes, this I'm thinking of a die that could be put on a firm table
and whacked with a dead blow hammer a few times.

This sounds great. I think I've come acrossed this in my google search
but the process was just mentioned and you explained it better.

Again, QUANTITY???

5-10 parts are planned for now.

matthew
ohio