Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Low clearance drilling

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:54:31 -0800, jJim McLaughlin
wrote:

Doug Brown wrote:

What part of the OP's message didn't you understand when he said he needed
to drill a 1" hole?

More importantly, what part of the OPs series messages didn't you read?

The OP is trying to pass a VGA connector device down the hole.

Thats like insisting that a hole for 14/2 romex pass the wiring device,
i.e. the receptical or switch. Foolish, at best.

The real solution is to drill a much smaller diameter hole, pass VGA cable
( 9 condictor, IIRC)

There's actually 15 pins on the connectors, but some may be unused.

Anyway, it's going to be hard to solder to the middle row of pins.

and then solder the VGA connectors onto the cable
after the cable is run between floors.

Duuuh.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"How could you ask me to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster