Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick Lew Hartswick is offline

Default Lead in solder

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:
Virtually NONE of the connections in/on the microprocessors and
associated controllers (think Can-bus) are constructed with crimp
connections. They have ciecuit boards, which are soldered. Leadfre
solder is a total pain in the butt to work with, and ALL devices to be
soldered with lead free NEED to be specially made for lead free
solder. The problems with lead-free solder in electronics assembly are
legion.

SORRY! I keep forgeting that there all that electronic JUNK in a car.
To me "automobile" wiring is the things that were in cars back in the
"dim dark" years of 50s and 60s when I worked on my own vehicles. :-)
...lew...