Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Low clearance drilling

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:46:17 -0500, "Proch"
wrote:

I need to drill a 1" hole in the floor from the cellar up through a 2x4, yet
there is only about 8" of clearance at the spot where I would drill due to a
beam. What are my options other than to purchase a right angle drill? I'm
not even sure if I'll get the clearance I need from the right angle drills
that I see at the local stores.

A right-angle attachment is what you need. Woodcraft has a
heavy-duty model for about $22 and I'm sure you can find smaller ones
elsewhere, probably for less. This attachment can come in handy for
other future jobs.